Thursday 12 February 2009

FEMALE TYPO - Self directed Type in Motion project

I had the feeling that something was missing since project 4 - type in motion/Leonard Cohen.
I wanted to work with type again, and with more confidence, I wanted to use the 3rd dimension, and camera movements and also wanted to make somenthig that could reflect more my style and what I like. Wanted to do something more graphic and more aggressive.
And also put in practice some of the concepts I have learnt.

Here some references of style and textures:
                                           David Foldvari


                                             Valero Doval

I chose a piece of audio from a John Waters movie called Female Trouble, where Divine (a famous Drag Queen) makes a wonderful speech about being famous, beautiful (???) and criminal.

I tried to represent the aggressiveness of her voice by using bold colors, a font that insinuates being written with either blood or a lipstick and fast camera movements to reveal and change scenes.

Layout test/font/colours


Final Outcome



(sorry but I had to render with a very low resolution in order to be able to upload everything I needed for the assessement on time)

No comments: